Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Trip To London!

Hi girls!

I actually got a weekend this week! I had Friday and Saturday off and an awesome weekend was had!! I got tickets to go to the Warner Brother Studios in Leavesden (just outside London) to go to the Making of Harry Potter!! So Robert and I headed down on the Thursday night. Usually Robert always drives it, but this time I drove the whole way down (and Robert drove us back up!). We stayed over night in Preston and then had all day to get down to leavesden for 3pm (when our time slot was). On the journey of course we partake in some service station stops and in one found a "Jen" Diet Coke!


Ever since these named bottles came out Robert has got into the habit of trying to find any with my name on it. It was quite cool actually finding one though!! We also picked up the new Dan Brown book called Inferno, which Robert and I are reading together and so far it is amazing!! We could just keep on reading it and its really interesting, as the start has a new take on what the previous books have. Oh and its another book with the character Robert Langdon, Robert and I would totally recommend picking it up!!

Ok so I am not going to be writing about the Harry Potter Studios in this post. I took so many photos and have not had a chance to look through them properly and decide what ones I am going to share with you. Also it really does deserve its own post! Let me just say though that it was one of the best days ever!!!!I will just give you a sneak peek with these two photos!



After the tour, Robert and I headed into London as we were going to be visiting the Westfield shopping centre in London the next day (Saturday). We got a hotel in Hammersmith and went out for some pizza for our dinner! Our hotel ended up actually really close to Westfield, so after our yummy breakfast, we headed over to Shepherds Bush! 

The exciting bit about my day was that I had arranged to meet Rebecca from Puddle of Grace! My first blogger meet up! I was to meet her at half 12, so as Robert and I got there just after 11am I got to do a bit of shopping first! I ended up feeling quite nervous about meeting Rebecca. I guess it is quite strange when you read someone's blog and you feel like you get to know them, but when you actually meet them in person, you get nervous because you don't actually "know" them. Anyway the meet up went fab and we went to Costa and had a great chat! It was so nice being able to talk about your blog with someone who has a blog too and that they feel the exact same way you do about it all. Rebecca also hasn't told anyone that she blogs, which is the same for me (with the exception of Robert), so I guess it was good for both of us! All of you should check out her blog, because she is one of the loveliest people out! While Rebecca and I were in Costa, my lovely Robert was quite happy to have a wander around Westfield, so thank you pet!

Robert and I then left Westfield at half 2 and started our journey back home! After two hours on the road we were at Manchester, somehow the M40 is a lot faster than going up the M1! We decided to go for dinner in the Trafford Centre and of course chose our favourite; TGI Friday's. We decided not to get a dessert and instead got a Krispy Kreme doughnut! We got home at 11pm, so overall the journey was not too long at all! Robert ended up driving the whole way home. When we were driving through the Lake District the motorway was just the thickest fog for miles. It was quite scary as by that point it was dark. Its quite funny though because as I was working in the shop on Sunday morning, it meant that within 24 hours I had been in the Westfield in London,the Trafford Centre in Manchester and Silverburn in Glasgow! 

Did you girls do anything exciting over the weekend?

12 comments:

  1. We drove through the Lake District on Saturday night and I can agree, it was the thickest fog ever!!! Quite scary really, eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! All of a sudden we couldn't see a thing in front of us!!

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  2. Look like a lovely trip! Ahh I have been looking for a Coke with my name on it, can't seem to find one anywhere lol! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it is amazing there isn't it?!?! and you stopped in Preston! That's where I live! it's nothing exciting haha

    Megs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was completely awesome!!! haha!! We stayed in the Ibis just near the motorway!

      Jen xxx

      Delete
    2. That is so close to me lol! I dislike driving long distances and it's always creepy towards the Lake District! I have still to find a coke with my name on!!!

      Megs
      xxxxx

      Delete
    3. Haha!! Its such a small world!! Awww see I love driving and road journeys so me and robert are quite happy to do them lol! Aww I have found two so far with Jen :) hehe! Although none in Scotland. they were both in England! lol

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  4. It was so good to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...